Saturday, September 25, 2004

Jekyll and Hyde.

My cabinmate Venda told me today that I'm the kindest person he's ever met. Me. Kind. If he only knew some of the awful thoughts that go through my head on a daily basis. Maybe it's because I'm actually happy here and it shows. Wayan told me the other day that he likes hanging out with me because I'm always "peppy". I started laughing. If my friends at home could only hear him. My college roommate once told me that she kinda likes the pessimism and sarcasm. She considers it part of my charm.


040927_soccer_small
Originally uploaded by nantron

You wouldn't believe how good some of these kids are at sports. Soccer, against an African backdrop. Red, the counselor from Monaco got to teach Sports. I was intensely envious, because he got to be outside everyday. Not that I'm any good at sports anyways, but I am an excellent timekeeper.