Thursday, October 21, 2004

Goodbye sweetheart, goodbye.

I sent S. and K. care packages today. I hope it gets to them in the orphanage. I packed little photo albums of pictures from camp, and framed one for each of them. I also added little stuffed lions - for them to be brave and strong through their HIV. I gave S. my watch, since he loved it so much with its indiglo backlight, and I gave K. a copy of James and the Giant Peach - the book I was reading them as a bedtime story at camp. It gave me a bit of closure as I sent the gifts off at the post office. I feel better that they'll have a little something of camp to have. And at the same time - I feel awfully mom-like, which is terrifying.

I thought it'd be appropriate to end my journey and travelog with a video clip from the beginning of my journey.


Kids at lunch
Originally uploaded by nantron